Dr. Ola Awad
Dr. Ola Awad
President of the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS), the Secretary-General of the Advisory Committee for Official Statistics , and the Former President of the International Association of Official Statistics (IAOS) for the years 2015 -2017. Dr. Awad represents the Arab region at the High-level group for Partnership, Coordination and Capacity-building for Statistics for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (HLG-SDGs) in addition to being an active chief statistician in a number of national, regional and international agencies including:
- A council member in the International Statistical Institute (ISI) for the years (2017-2019).
- A member in the ASPEN Middle Leadership Initiative.
- A board member of the Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Center for Islamic Countries (SESRIC)
- A member of the international advisory committee of Abu Dhabi Statistics Center (SCAD)
- A member of the Board of Trustees of the Arab Institute for Research and Training in Statistics,
- A member of the Board of Directors of the Union of Arab Statisticians,
Nationally, Dr. Awad is a member of the Board of Trustees of Yasser Arafat Foundation, a Board member of the Palestinian Economic Policy Research Institute-MAS, a Member of the Higher Council for Innovation and Excellence, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Palestinian Initiative for the Promotion of Global Dialogue and Democracy "MIFTAH", a jury member of the integrity award at the Coalition for Accountability and Integrity "AMAN" and a member of Qatar's Permanent Committee for the Support of Al Quds.
Dr. Awad holds a Doctorate of Business Administration from the University of Liverpool– UK, a MA degree in Applied Statistics from Birzeit University, a MA degree in Business Administration and Management from Boston University and a BA in Economics from Birzeit University. Dr. Awad focuses her research interest on gender issues, good governance, and crises management of statistical offices.